Lester Ho started the Training Geek to share his interest regarding the scientific concepts and mechanisms in training. His interest predominantly revolves around the sport of weightlifting.
Because of his work in the field of research, he not only picked up the sport and fell in love with it, but it has also been the driving force behind the people he trains as a personal trainer and coach.
The Training Geeks's new mission and philosophy is "Bringing Weightlifting to All". The sport of weightlifting, contrary to belief, is actually accessible to everyone regardless of age, gender or fitness level. Weightlifting movements such as the snatch and the clean and jerk involve mobility, flexibility, strength, power, speed, coordination, good movement patterns and mental strength. These are also the components which everyone needs for the performance of their daily activities.
Lester's Work Experience
- Currently the Head Weightlifting Coach for TG Strength assisting in integrating a solid weightlifting program into an individual's strength & conditioning program.
- Sessional tutor for Resistance Training Principles, specialising in teaching the Olympic Weightlifting movements in the Undergraduate Course.
- Consultant for the VIS Track Cycling Team to assist in coaching the weightlifting movements.
- Presenter at technique workshops organised by the Victorian Weightlifting Association (VWA).
- Internship at National-level (Singapore) sports organisation in various areas of Physiology, Biomechanics, Strength & Conditioning
- National (Australia) Rugby League Club doing sports testing and observation of S&C
- Previously a Physical Preparation Trainee at the Victorian Institute of Sport, assisting the Physical Preparation Coach for the Track Cycling Team.
- Published several papers on the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research regarding the biomechanics of the snatch.
- Presented at international and local conferences regarding research on the snatch.