after watching masterclass on masterchef on friday, i decided to get a nice slab of pork belly to accomplish this recipe. as this was a masterclass by one of the celebrity chefs, you cant find the recipe online. but it's a really simple recipe to follow.
1. cut 0.5-1cm scores onto the skin of the pork you use (a fatty cut is good coz the fat has more flavour)
3. after salting, leave the piece of pork uncovered in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
4. small water droplets should form on the skin after being left in the fridge for at least 4 hours. use a paper towel to wipe them off as well as remove excess salt from your pork.
5. heat some oil in a flat non-stick pan and place the pork skin-side down to caramelise the skin.
6. once skin starts to dry up and a nice colour is achieved, remove from the pan and place skin-side up and elevated onto a roasting tray to allow the heat to go all around the piece of meat when in the oven.
7. Roast the pork belly for 25 mins and remove from oven to rest.
9. Serve on top of mashed potato or pomme puree with some greens.
as i din make a sauce to go with it (the masterclass recipe has a sauce which would go really well), i used mustard as how i normally take my roast pork with. hehe. so this is it. roast pork on pomme puree. done.
P.S. will be making this for my baby. i know she will love it. =)
5x3r 60kg full snatch
(had quite a few missed reps so i worked up till 3 successful reps in a set before i rested)