Here's 26 things that are food for thought for the 26 years of my life:
- I have switched my interest of studies from being arts-related (art, literature etc.) to being science-related (exercise science).
- From decent haircuts to abnormal hairstyles, my style of preference and how people recognise me by is the mohawk while when I was young, it was the bowl-cut.
- A skinny kid I was and now I walk around not being able to fit waist size 32 because of my thighs.
- I wasn't actually too good in my studies when I was younger being in the bottom end of the cohort and nearly not being able to promote to the next level of education.
- I always have ridiculous ideas but thankfully, my significant other is always the one who keeps me grounded in whatever I do. Thank God for that.
- I seem to enjoy doing sports involving moving an external load. Just that as I got older, the load got heavier.
- I never used to have a sweet tooth but ever since living with my significant other, she has converted me into one with all her baking and wonderful creations.
- My drink of choice used to be bourbon coke but now I hate the taste of bourbon and I only drink whiskey on the rocks.
- At one stage of my life, I wanted to dye my hair all sorts of colours. I had blue hair once. Now I only stick with black hair.
- I still keep the best items of the meal to be consumed last and this is a habit I was young.
- I never fail to damage a good set of earphones (P.S. I just spoilt the ones I got the last trip back. Had to get new ones today).
- I never cooked for my family when I was younger. Only until I started staying overseas, I always find time and joy cooking for my family when I am back.
- I was actually a prefect in primary school.
- I enjoy doing things myself (i.e. painting my room, fixing my own furniture etc.) instead of hiring people to do it.
- Since young, I have always enjoyed having offcuts and till this day, I still enjoy them.
- Between the ages of 14-18, I lost at least 7 handphones. Since then till now, I have never lost one.
- Entering secondary school, I believe that shoes tell alot about what kind of a person you are. Hence my obsession with shoes.
- My best friend/best man for my wedding has the same pronunciation for his mandarin name as mine.
- I do not believe in dieting; I believe in enjoying your food for better overall well-being (physical and mental health)
- I was actually named after the little boy who played Oliver Twist (1948) whose name was Mark Lester (my dad's and my name combined).
- If my maternal grandfather was around, I would have continued his legacy of being a zhi char chef (restauranteur).
- Despite my long career in bowling, I have never bowled a perfect game.
- Till this day, although I am no longer doing it, I still love art and design.
- I actually enjoy running because of the serenity I get from it but I hate the physical aspect of a long bout of exercise.
- I got my initial knowledge about training from reading magazines till the point that I actually knew part of the stuff I studied for my undergrad course before I did my undergrad.
- I look like a geek, I speak like a geek and I actually am a geek. That's why I call myself the Training Geek.
Happy birthday to me!
Stay Strong and Keep Training,
The Training Geek.